1. Agree upfront on the type of house you want with your partner - the size, the area, the style. You don't want to spend half the trip in arguing about the right choice when you get here.
2. Be realistic on your expectations, by checking the housing market through the numerous real estate portals, and don't expect to get a house with a sea view for the same price as houses 30 miles inland.
3. Prepare, plan and prepare, so you get the best idea of where you want to visit houses, either somewhere convenient for getting over at weekends, or walking distance from the beach or a remote hideaway where your teenagers can't access Facebook (probably the hardest to find).
4 . Give yourself plenty of time to visit and decide. You should never feel rushed into a decision, unless you have found bargain that has just come onto the market and perfectly fits your needs.
5. Prepare a shortlist of properties you want to visit. SmartfinderVar can support you in doing this, through our free Search Form service.
6. Enjoy yourself. To be in the right frame of mind, make the trip like a holiday trip, and plan on time to relax, eat out in restaurants and discover local attractions and the wonderful nature of the Var.
7. Project yourself living here, to help you make the final choice of house. Renting a house while you visit will help, but think also of the work maintaining the property - easy to look after ones are often best.
If you want to get more tips for your specific trip, such as a good travel site to book tickets to get to Nice, Toulon or Marseilles airports like Skyscanner.com, call us and we will be pleased to help out.