Property finders needed clear recognition and a specific organization to differentiate them from real estate agents, and this clarification was needed both within the property sector and for the general public as well.
The organization, Fédération Française des Chasseurs Immobiliers or FFCI (French Federation of Property Finders) was co-founded by Valerie GRISPAN in 2006, to give form and meaning to this profession and to guarantee to the public that its members systematically adhere to the demands of Hoguet’s Law.
FFCI agents follow a set of principles by signing a charter of professional conduct, that Smartfinder Home adheres to.
What are the main points in the code of conduct that property finders must follow ?
A property finder, like an estate agent, is an intermediary in real estate and subject to Hoguet’s law from the 2nd January 1970 and updated in 2015.
As a licensed property finder he must:
-Hold a professional transaction card delivered by the authorities
-Have Professional Liabilities Insurance
-Hold a written mandate
-Cannot receive any payment or expenses from a client before the completion of his/her mission.
What are the key benefits for house buyers from using a property finder?
In a nutshell it is to try and have a stress free purchase !
When buying via a Property Finder from the FFCI,you will get:
- Check on the feasability of the buyer’s demands and search criteria, to ensure they successfully achieve their house buying project.
- Ensure only relevant properties are sent with property details including information on location and its history, to help establish a good shortlist.
- A reliable source of local information especially for buyers outside France
- Organization of visits on shortlisted properties, so once on site the client does not waste his time on inappropriate viewings.
- Benefit from expertise on the property market to get objective feedback on the property
- Confidentiality of the client’s project, their identity and their profession as only the search criteria are communicated.
- Assistance during the entire buying process and even afterwards, if they wish
This week Smartfinder Home participated to the annual meeting in Montpellier and exchanged with other property finders on how to improve our service and awareness with the public.
Being Cost effective
In addition to the services and exceptionally high customer satisfaction clients have whenever they use a property finder, for property finders to become as popular as Mortgage brokers have become, the key is delivering also cost benefits. You will get cost savings with a property finder by having the market expertise and the right arguments in the price negotation, as well as more choice so you can find a good deal or are simply in a better position when you negotiate.
We hope media will pick up on these benefits, and highlight their value to future buyers !